The distinction of being among the leading artists, innovators, practitioners and executives who are creating and advancing visionary VFX work worldwide.
As a part of a global network of over 3,500 members in 35 countries, enjoy access to peer-to-peer online and in-person discussion forums; hear the latest trends, advances and production news; and build important professional and social relationships.
Access to educational programs from practical skill-building workshops to cutting-edge technology demos to an online library of video tutorials and presentations by industry experts.
Invitations to members-only events, including exclusive film screenings, panel discussions and opportunities to attend galvanizing annual events including the prestigious VES Awards.
Help guide the future of the VES and contribute to advancing the field by volunteering for a VES Committee, mentoring students or ultimately running for elected office at the Section or international Board of Directors level.
A growing roster of tangible, cost-saving benefits, including:
- Opportunity to purchase VES Healthcare coverage at competitive rates for individuals and small businesses
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental/disability insurance
- Free and discounted publications
- Awards season year-end Blu-ray/DVD studio screeners
- Discounts on VES Awards Show and VES Award submissions
- Discounts on select industry conferences, programs and special events
- Discounts on business and educational services
- Discounts on computer hardware/software
Below are some additional member benefits such as health care, business, education, publications, screenings, and member discounts. Download The VES Member Benefits Flyer
- VES Health Care
- ObamaCare Tutorial
- Individual and small business plans
- Same coverage as the Television Academy and Producers Guild
- Competitive rates that will only get better as we grow
- Dental and eye care included (more information)
- Progressive Benefits healthcare consulting
- supplemental / disability insurance
Canadian Supplemental Healthcare Insurance
VES Members and professionals working in the visual effects industry in Canada (except for the Province of Quebec), we would like to offer you exclusive access to the VES Health & Dental Plan.
You are eligible to join the plan 60 days after joining the VES or a validated studio
You must enroll within 31 days of becoming eligible (you can also submit your enrolment at any time during the 60 day waiting period)
Any applications received after the 31-day deadline are considered late applicants and are subject to medical requirements and benefit restrictions
For more information on this fully portable plan and the benefits available, please check out the following website: http://arbutusfinancial.com/ves/
Please email Arbutus Financial at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth, email address, plan choice (Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum), family status (single, couple, family), VES affiliation (name of studio where you work or VES member number), and the date you joined the VES or started working at your studio.
VES Members Receive FREE Virtual Studio from StratusCore
- 40 hours of Virtual Workstation use per month
- 25 render credits per month
- 50 GB of hot storage
- 50% off all purchases
“Sleep in your own bed at night and collect a paycheck – without expensive hardware!”
With Virtual Studio, you can create complex content latency-free at 60 frames per second using just a Windows browser and 8Mbps internet connection. Content and tools sit together in centralized storage in the cloud to make creation and global collaboration nearly instantaneous and secure.
- 15% Discount at for VES Members
- 25% Discount at ; online visual effects training
- 15% Discount at online vfx and post-production training
- 10% Discount at
- FreeVFX Project management VFX Showrunner
- “Friends and family” discounts at
- Free print and digital subscription to VFX VOICE magazine, published by the Visual Effects Society as the definitive authority on all things visual effects in the world of film, TV, gaming, virtual reality, commercials, theme parks, and other new media
- Free subscription to weekly digital VARIETY (VES members in North America will receive print version as well)
- $79 annual subscription to THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER which is a 70% Discount off the newsstand cover price
- Free mailings from ANIMATION MAGAZINE during awards season only
- Free mailings from THE WRAP
- Order the VES HANDBOOK OF VISUAL EFFECTS: INDUSTRY STANDARD VFX PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES – 2nd EDITION from Amazon
- Numerous free screenings sponsored by VES, the studios, Below the Line, AMPAS, BAFTA, Autodesk and others
- Theater access during awards season with VES membership card
- Awards Season Blu-ray/DVD Studio Screeners
VES Members may enjoy discounted rates at all Kimpton Hotels in the United States. Please see instructions and code below for booking
VES Global Business ID is GBP24429
You may book online at www.KimptonHotels.com by entering the code under Global Business ID, or by calling 800-KIMPTON and asking for the Visual Effects Society GBP rates.
Kimpton Global Business Benefits
- Discounted rates starting at 10% off the Best Available Rate, guaranteed 7 days a week at any Kimpton Hotel nationwide
- Access to weekend specials, exclusive promotions and Kimpton Instant Meetings
- Late check-out, subject to availability
- Fast, free Wi-Fi for all Kimpton Karma Rewards members
- VES Award Show – 50%
- VES Summit
- VES Award Submissions- 25% to 100%
- VES members save on buying or selling real estate with Keller Williams (details below)
VES members save on buying or selling real estate through the network of the Entertainment Division of Keller Williams DTLA (“kwDTLA”)
We’re excited to offer a new VES member benefit.
Now through our exclusive specialized servicing agreement you can save money when buying or selling a home around the globe!
Keller Williams DTLA’s Entertainment Division is able to reduce the cost of buying or selling real estate for VES members by crediting 20% of their realtor commission back to VES members at the close of escrow when they buy or sell real estate.
To put that into actual figures, a realtor’s standard commission on a $1,000,000 home is $25,000 (2.5% of the purchase price), and the Keller Williams DTLA Entertainment Division agent would give $5,000 (i.e. 20% of that $25,000 commission) back to the VES member upon the close of escrow.*
Overall the Keller Williams’ global company-wide reach is unparalleled—with over 149,000 agents spread over 790 market centers across the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia, no real estate company has more agents globally than KW (see www.kwworldwide.com).
Regardless of the area in the world that a VES member is looking to buy or sell real estate, the specialized Directors of kwDTLA’s Entertainment Division will assign and refer the most qualified KW agent to work with the VES member—ensuring the agent is proficient to handle the VES member’s needs as well as honor the 20% discount.
The DTLA Entertainment Directors and the assigned KW agent will communicate regularly to make sure that no clients’ need is missed.
High level service is our priority.
To be put in touch with a KW Entertainment agent in your area, please contact the kwDTLA’s Entertainment Division at email@example.com
*Conditions may apply. Credits must appear on the HUD and are non reoccurring towards costs associated with the costs of Closing.